Thursday, February 4

Heavenly delicious pudding.

Coconut chocolate pudding, *drool*.  Oh. My. Gosh. This was really good pudding.  You must try this recipe.  As in go today to the grocery store if you don't have the ingredients on hand. It is well worth it, and really easy to make. My little nursing's tummy is still quite sensitive to lactose, so when I came across this recipe (dairy-free!) on Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen, my stomach begged me to make it. We love both coconut and chocolate over here, and who doesn't like pudding? 

I made a few changes to the original recipe. I subbed in dark chocolate chips (we are big fans of dark chocolate!), used  cornstarch instead of arrowroot, and only put in 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. (I did the recommended three on the first batch and it made the pudding was a little bit super sweet.  Still excellent, but I liked more of an intense dark chocolate taste to come through.)  I also allowed the pudding to cook a little longer than "just to the point of simmer" before stirring in the chocolate chips, which gave it an even richer, velvety, almost hot fudge sundae topping type quality once it sets up in the fridge. Completely indulgent. 


Gunnar helped cook, so he got to help clean as well.  And boy, pudding tools are a great thing to have to clean up!  lol.

No comments: