Anywho, all that to say, I was going a little nusto without my prior staple FiberOne Bars. Luckily a few FB friends posted about this granola bar recipe from Smitten Kitchen. Thank you God. They are absolutely delicious! Thick and chewy, hearty, and totally customizable to your taste preference. I'm going to make ten batches and freeze a bunch. The hardest part is waiting for the pan to cool so you can cut into them. Then, of course, having to keep your hands off them so they last more than a day..
The best granola bar recipe I have ever tried. Do it, make these if you haven't already!
Here was my favorite customization:
For the 2-3 cups dried fruit and nuts I used-
- 1/4c roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4c pecans, unsalted (I chopped these a bit)
- 1/4c walnuts, raw (I chopped these a bit)
- 1/4c flax seeds
- 1/2c dried cranberries
- 1/2c shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2c dark chocolate chips
- coconut oil instead of the butter
- 2T. honey
- 1t. vanilla